For my photobook I intend to use the idea of waking up in the morning. So yes, this idea seems kind of vague, maybe a bit random, but I will explain in depth what I intend to portray through this theme.
I recently acquired my drivers lisence and with that success also comes a bit of hardship. Not only do I have to be more responsable and grow up a little bit more, but I also have to wake myself up in the morning and get out of the house and to school on time without my mother blaring her horn at me from the driveway. My sheets get all ruffled because I twist and turn, trying to spend every second I can in my warm bed. The air is cold and I have to make sure the portable heater in my room is on high before I hop in the shower so that I can come back to warmth. My shower doesn't get hot until at least two minutes after turning it on and so while I'm waiting I have to drown myself in my closet while trying to find an outfit to wear. And when I do finally wash my hair and get some clothes on in the warmth of my room, I must return to the bathroom to finish getting ready- unfortunately, my bathroom has a nasty habit of fogging up the mirror so I go through a ritual of 'wax on, wax off' with my towel to get a spotless and clear mirrored image.
I despise waking up in the morning; it is one of my least favorite tasks. As most of my friends know I can pretty much fall asleep on command wherever I am, whatever time of day it is, but even so I don't like my sleep to be disrupted. In conclusion the pictures I will be taking for this photobook will be a little dark, a little depressing, and I'm thinking of shooting them in black and white to resemble the way that I act when I wake up because I basically see and act like a zombie; no color to me. This idea I got when I posted the three images for Part One of my propsal. I enjoy the stillness of each of these shots, the seriousness to them and I intend to reflect that same feeling in my photographs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This sounds very promising, Renee. I hope I remembered to ask you in class if you will be the model for these pictures (or, if not, who will be "playing" you?) Including a disheveled "main character" seems like an important part of this moment.... what do you think?
ReplyDelete